What is better than a beach town, warm weather and friends? Not much. Add an array of skinny cocktails, and you have a party. The Basta girls stopped by 668 The Gig Shack to talk with bartender Skylar Gardell about what every bikini ready girl really wants to know…what can I drink that’s low calorie and delicious?
As we watched Skylar mix up some mouthwatering drinks, we took time to try out some food. We went for their signature fish tacos. These hard shell tacos are filled with blackened fresh fish, usually tile fish (which has a white flakey texture), coleslaw and an amazing mango salsa to top it off. When we say AMAZING, we aren’t exaggerating. We didn’t want them to end! We also got some French fries because we can never resist a good fry.
But back to the drinks!
The first was what we call the PARTY PLEASER. Skylar refers to it as the “Tequila Beach Fizz.” Here is what it entails:
- First muddle some lime and mint
- Then add ice
- Next add Casamigos tequila (because George Clooney knows his tequila) and a drop of agave
- Lastly top it off with some seltzer water, give it a good shake and garnish it with a mint sprig and lime
The next drink is called “The End of the World”, which we loved for its surprising flavors. You can concoct this delicious beverage by following these steps:
- First muddle lemon
- Next add a dash of rosemary simple syrup and ice (we found a good recipe here from Martha Stewart’s website)
- Then add Reyka Icelandic Vodka (or your own preference), unsweetened ice tea and shake them up
- Garnish with rosemary sprig and lemon
Lastly, we present out absolute favorite cocktail, the “Spiked Cucumber Basil Lemonade”, which we couldnot get enough of! We found that it was so refreshing and delicious. Here’s what you need to do:
- First muddle basil and lemon together
- Next add Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka and a drop of agave
- Then add soda water and a splash of lemonade and mix them all up
- Garnish with a basil sprig and a lemon
Thank you to the Gig Shack family for hosting us and showing us a taste of Montauk! We recommend you try making these delicious cocktails or stop by the Gig Shack if you are in Montauk and ask for Skylar so he can shake one up for you.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below! Which cocktail was your favorite?